Our student body is unique. Our Tutor Training Workshop provides specific training on how to teach low literate adults. It prepares you to develop lesson plans, locate appropriate educational resources, and feel confident in the classroom or online. Training workshops are offered each year during the Fall, Winter, and Spring at our Hartford Literacy Center.
All potential tutors must participate in our training program. The training includes:
- A welcome meeting with LVGH staff (virtual or in person)
- Two classroom observations (virtual or in person) to be completed before the first workshop
- Participation in a three-session workshop via Zoom
- Two student teaching sessions (virtual or in person)
Once all training requirements are fulfilled, tutors can begin teaching at the start of the next term.
Winter 2020 Training Dates
- Wednesday, January 20th from 6-8 PM
- Wednesday, January 27th from 6-8 PM
- Wednesday, February 3rd from 6-8 PM